Afghan Forum Forum Index -> Religion

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
System

Advertisement

15.03.2006 00:28:29 

Romall
Bronzemitgliedschaft

STORIES IN THE QURAN

Dear Friends ba arz salam chandest mekhastam dastan haye Quran Kalmullah anche darsest bozorg wa nehayat mofet dar tamame arsahae zendage baraye har yak ma jostojo namoda wa barae ezdeyat malomat wa sawab akherat ba shuma dustan share konam.Oomid ta hade anche manzor hadaf ast daryabem .

The story of Prophet Nooh -I

Prophet Nooh (Noah) was one of the prominent Prophets whom Allaah Almighty sent to guide people to His Path - that of Monotheism.

Ibn 'Abbaas narrated that Prophet Muhammad said: "The period between Aadam and Nooh was ten centuries." [Al-Bukhaari]

Nooh was therefore born some one thousand years after Aadam's creation, or after he left the Garden of Eden. For many generations, the people of Nooh had been worshipping statues that they called gods.

They believed that these gods would bring them good, protect them from evil and provide all their needs. They gave their idols names such as Wadd, Suwaa', Yaghooth, Ya'ooq, and Nasr. Allaah Almighty revealed in the Noble Quran (what means): "And [the idolaters] said: 'Never leave your gods and never leave Wadd, nor Suwaa' or Yaghooth and Ya'ooq and Nasr [i.e., the names of their idols]." [Quran: 71:23] Originally, these were the names of good people who had lived among them. After their deaths, statues of them were erected to keep their memories alive. After some time, however, people began to worship these statues. Later generations did not even know why they had been erected; they only knew their parents had prayed to them. That is how idol worshipping developed. Since they had no understanding of Allaah Almighty who would punish them for their evil deeds, they became cruel and immoral.

Ibn 'Abbaas   explained: "Following the death of those righteous men, Satan inspired their people to erect statues in the places where they used to sit. They did this, but these statues were not worshiped until the coming generations deviated from the right way of life. Then they worshipped them as their idols."

In his description of this story, Imaam Ibn Jareer narrated: "There were righteous people who lived in the period between Aadam and Nooh, may Allaah exalt their mention, and who had followers who held them as models. After their death, their friends who used to emulate them said: 'If we make statues of them, it will be more pleasing to us in our worship and will remind us of them.' So they built statues of them and, after they had died and others came after them, Iblees (Satan) crept into their minds saying: 'Your forefathers used to worship them, and through that worship they got rain.' So they worshipped them."

Imaam Ibn Abu Haatim related the following story: "Wadd was a righteous man who was loved by his people. When he died, they withdrew to his grave in the land of Babylonia and were overwhelmed by sadness. When Iblees saw their sorrow caused by his death, he disguised himself in the form of a man saying: 'I have seen your sorrow because of this man's death; can I make a statue like him which could be put in your meeting place to make you remember him?' They said: 'Yes.' So he made the statue like him. They put it in their meeting place in order to be reminded of him. When Iblees saw their interest in remembering him, he said: 'Can I build a statue of him in the home of each one of you so that he would be in everyone's house and you could thereby remember him?' They agreed. Their children learned about and saw what they were doing. They also learned about their remembrance of him instead of Allaah.

So the first to be worshipped instead of Allaah was Wadd, the idol which they named thus."The essence of this point is that every idol from those earlier mentioned was worshipped by a certain group of people. It was mentioned that people made pictures and, as the ages passed, they made these pictures into statues, so that their forms could be fully recognised; afterwards they were worshipped instead of Allaah.It was narrated that Umm Salamah and Umm Habeebah who were two of the wives of the Prophet informed him about the church named 'Maria' that they had seen in the land of Abyssinia. They described its beauty and the pictures therein. He said: "Those are the people who build places of worship on the grave of every dead man who was righteous and then make therein those pictures. Those are the worst of creation in the sight of Allaah." [Al-Bukhaari]

Worshipping anything other than Allaah is a tragedy that results not only in the loss of freedom; its serious effect reaches man's mind and destroys it as well. Almighty Allaah created man and his mind with its purpose set on achieving knowledge, the most important of which is that Allaah alone is the Creator and all the rest are worshippers (slaves).

Therefore, disbelief in Allaah, or polytheism, results in the loss of freedom, the destruction of the mind, and the absence of a noble target in life. By worshipping anything other than Allaah, man becomes enslaved to Satan, who is himself a creature, and becomes harnessed to his own baser qualities.Into that environment, Allaah sent Nooh with His message to his people. Nooh was the only intellectual not caught in the whirlpool of man's destruction which was caused by polytheism.Allaah, out of His Mercy, sent His messenger Nooh to guide his people. Nooh was an excellent speaker and a very patient man.

He pointed out to his people the mysteries of life and the wonders of the universe. He pointed out how the night is regularly followed by the day and that the balance between these opposites was designed by Allaah Almighty for our good. The night gives coolness and rest while the day gives warmth and awakens activity. The sun encourages growth, keeping all plants and animals alive, while the moon and stars assist in the reckoning of time, direction and seasons. He pointed out that the ownership of the heavens and the earth belongs only to the Divine Creator.Therefore, he explained to this people, there cannot have been more than one deity. He clarified to them how the devil had deceived them for so long and that the time had come for this deceit to stop. Nooh spoke to them of Allaah's glorification of man, how He had created him and provided him with sustenance and the blessings of the mind. He told them that idol-worshipping was a suffocating injustice to the mind.

He warned them not to worship anyone but Allaah and described the terrible punishment Allaah would mete out if they continued in their evil ways.The people listened to him in silence. His words were a shock to their stagnating minds as it is a shock to a person who is asleep under a wall which is about to fall and who is vigorously awakened. This person may be alarmed and may even become angry, although the aim was only to save him.The people of Nooh were divided into two groups after his warning. His words touched the hearts of the weak, the poor, and the miserable, and soothed their wounds with its mercy. As for the rich, the strong, the mighty and the rulers, they looked upon the warning with cold distrust. They believed they would be better off if things stayed as they were. Therefore, they started their war of words against Nooh .First they accused Nooh of being a mere  human, just like themselves, as the verse states (what means): "So the eminent among those who disbelieved from his people said: 'We do not see you but as a man like ourselves'…." [Quran: 11:27]

He, however, had never said anything other than that. He asserted that, indeed, he was only a human being; Allaah had sent a human messenger because the earth was inhabited by humans. If it had been inhabited by angels, Allaah would have sent an angelic messenger.The contest between the polytheists and Nooh continued. The rulers had thought at first that Nooh's call would soon fade on its own. When they found that his call attracted the poor, the helpless and common labourers, they started to verbally attack and taunt him: 'You are only followed by the poor, the meek and the worthless.'Allaah the Almighty tells us in the Quran (what means): "And We had certainly sent Nooh to his people, [saying]: 'Indeed, I am to you a clear warner. That you not worship except Allaah. Indeed, I fear for you the punishment of a painful day.' So the eminent among those who disbelieved from his people said: 'We do not see you but as a man like ourselves, and we do not see you followed except by those who are the lowest of us [and] at first suggestion. And we do not see in you over us any merit; rather, we think you are a liar.'" [Quran: 11:25-27]

Thus, the conflict between Nooh and the heads of his people intensified. The disbelievers tried to bargain: "Listen Nooh! If you want us to believe in you, then dismiss your believers. They are meek and poor, while we are elite and rich; no faith can include us both." Nooh listened to the heathens of his community and realised they were obstinate. However, he was gentle in his response. He explained to his people that he could not dismiss the believers as they were not his guests but Allaah's.Nooh appealed to them saying (what means): "O my people! I ask not of you for it any wealth. My reward is not but from Allaah. And I am not one to drive away those who have believed. Indeed, they will meet their Lord, but I see that you are a people behaving ignorantly. And O my people! Who would protect me from Allaah if I drove them away? Then will you not be reminded? And I do not tell you that I have the depositories [containing the provision] of Allaah or that I know the unseen, nor do I tell you that I am an angel, nor do I say of those upon whom your eyes look down that Allaah will never grant them any good. Allaah is most knowing of what is within their souls. Indeed, I would then be among the wrongdoers [i.e., the unjust].'" [Quran: 11:29-31]

Nooh refuted the arguments of the disbelievers with the noble knowledge of the prophets. It is the logic of intellect that rids itself of personal pride and interests. 

[To be continued…]

Source: Sheikh Muhammad Gemeiah's translation of 'Stories of the Prophets', by Imaam Ibn Katheer

Last edited by Romall on 07.07.2008 08:14:29, edited 1 time in total

06.07.2008 08:09:28 

Romall
Bronzemitgliedschaft

The story of Prophet Nooh -II

The story of Prophet Nooh -II

The Disbelievers Remain Ignorant

Prophet Nooh (Noah) firmly continued his efforts in calling his people to the way of Allaah Almighty. The rulers were tired of Nooh's arguments. Allaah, the Exalted, related their attitude in the following verses (which mean): "They said: 'O Nooh! You have disputed [i.e., opposed] us and been frequent in dispute of us. So bring us what you threaten us with, if you should be of the truthful.' He said: 'Allaah will only bring it to you if He wills, and you will not cause [Him] failure. And my advice will not benefit you – although I wished to advise you – if Allaah should intend to put you in error. He is your Lord, and to Him you will be returned.'" [Quran: 11:32-34]

The battle continued; the arguments between the disbelievers and Nooh became prolonged. When all the refutations of the disbelievers collapsed and they had no more to say, they began to be offensive and insulted Allaah's prophet as in the verse (which means): "Said the eminent among his people: 'Indeed, we see you in clear error.'" [Quran: 7:60]

Nooh responded in the manner of the prophets; he said (what means): "…'O my people! There is not error in me, but I am a messenger from the Lord of the worlds. I convey to you the messages of my Lord and advise you; and I know from Allaah what you do not know.'" [7: 61-62] 

Nooh continued appealing to his people to believe in Allaah hour after hour, day after day and year after year. He admonished his people and called them to Allaah day and night, in secret and openly.

He gave them examples, explained Allaah's signs and illustrated Allaah's ability in the formation of His creatures. But whenever he called them to Allaah, they ran away from him. Whenever he urged them to ask Allaah to forgive them, they put their fingers in their ears and became too proud to listen to the truth.Allaah, the Almighty, relates what Nooh faced, Saying (what means): "Indeed, We sent Nooh to his people, [saying]: 'Warn your people before there comes to them a painful punishment.' He said: 'O my people! Indeed I am to you a clear warner, [Saying]: 'Worship Allaah, fear Him and obey me. He [i.e. Allaah] will forgive you of your sins and delay you for a specified term. Indeed, the time [set by] Allaah, when it comes, will not be delayed, if you only knew.'' He said: 'My Lord! Indeed I invited my people [to truth] night and day. But my invitation increased them not except in flight [i.e. aversion]. And indeed, every time I invited them that You may forgive them, they put their fingers in their ears, covered themselves with their garments [in refusal], persisted, and were arrogant with [great] arrogance. Then I invited them publicly. Then I announced to them and [also] confided to them secretly. And said: 'Ask forgiveness of your Lord. Indeed, He is ever a Perpetual Forgiver. He will send [rain from] the sky upon you in [continuing] showers. And give you increase in wealth and children and provide for you gardens and provide for you rivers. What is [the matter] with you that you do not attribute to Allaah [due] grandeur, while He has created you in stages? Do you not consider how Allaah has created seven heavens in layers, and made the moon therein a [reflected] light and made the sun a burning lamp? And Allaah has caused you to grow from the earth a [progressive] growth. Then He will return you into it and extract you [another] extraction. And Allaah has made for you the earth an expanse. That you may follow therein roads of passage.'' Nooh said: 'My Lord! Indeed they have disobeyed me and followed him whose wealth and children will not increase him except in loss. And they conspired an immense conspiracy, and said: ‘Never leave your gods and never leave Wadd or Suwaa’ or Yaghooth and Ya’ooq and Nasr [i.e., the names of their idols]' And already they have misled many. And, [my Lord], do not increase the wrongdoers except in error.' Because of their sins they were drowned and put into the Fire, and they found not for themselves besides Allaah [any] helpers." [Quran: 71:1-25]

Nooh continued to call his people to believe in Allaah for nine hundred and fifty years. Allaah, the Almighty, Says (what means): "And We certainly sent Nooh to his people, and he remained among them a thousand years minus fifty years…" [Quran: 29:14]

Insistence on Disbelief

It happened that every passing generation admonished the succeeding one not to believe Nooh and to wage war against him. The father would teach his child about the matter that was between himself and Nooh and counsel him to reject his call when he reached adulthood.

Their inclination rejected believing and following the truth.Nooh saw that the number of believers was not increasing, while that of the disbelievers was. He was sad for his people, but he never reached the point of despair.There came a day when Allaah revealed to Nooh that no others would believe. Allaah inspired him not to grieve for them, at which point Nooh prayed that the disbelievers be destroyed, saying (which means): "…'My Lord! Do not leave upon the earth from among the disbelievers an inhabitant. Indeed, if you leave them, they will mislead Your servants and not beget except [every] wicked one and [confirmed] disbeliever.'" [Quran: 71:26-27]

Allaah accepted the prayer of Nooh . The case was closed, and He passed His judgment on the disbelievers in the form of a flood. Allaah the Exalted ordered His worshipper, Nooh to build an ark with His knowledge and instructions and with the help of angels. Almighty Allaah commanded (what means): "And construct the ship under Our Eyes and Our inspiration and do not address Me concerning those who have wronged; indeed, they are [to be] drowned." [Quran: 11:37]

To be continued…

Source: Sheikh Muhammad Gemeiah's translation of 'Stories of the Prophets', by Imaam Ibn Katheer 

07.07.2008 08:09:50 

Romall
Bronzemitgliedschaft

The story of Haaroot and Maaroot – I

One of the stories in the Quran, is the story of Haaroot and Maaroot. Allaah Says what means: “And they [i.e., the Children of Israel] followed [instead] what the devils had recited during the reign of Sulaymaan (Solomon ). It was not Sulaymaan who disbelieved, but the devils disbelieved, teaching people magic and that which was revealed to the two angels at Babylon, Haaroot and Maaroot. But they [i.e., the two angels] do not teach anyone unless they say: 'We are a trial, so do not disbelieve [by practicing magic].' And [yet] they learn from them that by which they cause separation between a man and his wife. But they do not harm anyone through it except by permission of Allaah. And they [i.e., people] learn what harms them and does not benefit them. But they [i.e., the Children of Israel] certainly knew that whoever purchased it [i.e., magic] would not have in the Hereafter any share. And wretched is that for which they sold themselves, if they only knew.” [Quran 2: 102]

The Children of Israel received a Great Book from Allaah, namely the Quran, which confirmed what they had been told in the Tawraah (i.e. Torah); they were claiming to adhere to their scripture, yet they disbelieved in the Messenger (Muhammad) and a group of them also threw the Scripture of Allaah (i.e., the Tawraah) behind their backs and shunned it, despite them knowing that it was the truth, as Allaah tells us, saying what means: “…A party of those who had been given the Scripture threw the Scripture of Allaah [i.e., the Tawraah] behind their backs as if they did not know [what it contained].” [Quran 2: 101]

It is the way of Allaah that He punishes those who shun that which benefits them; He therefore busies them with things that are of no benefit to them, or makes them indulge in what harms them. Whoever shuns the worship of the Most Merciful will be afflicted with the worship of idols.  Whoever shuns Islamic monotheism will be afflicted with association with Allaah. Whoever shuns the Sunnah will be afflicted with religious innovation. Whoever shuns adhering to the Islamic texts will be afflicted with blind imitation of others who have no evidence to back up their actions.  Whoever shuns hoping in, loving and fearing only Allaah will be afflicted with directing all these acts to other than Him. Whoever refrains from spending his wealth for the sake of Allaah will be afflicted with spending it for the sake of Satan.  Whoever shuns humbling himself to Allaah will be afflicted with being humiliated by other people, and whoever shuns the truth will be afflicted with adhering to falsehood.

This is exactly what happened to the Jews when they shunned the Book of Allaah; they were afflicted with following in the footsteps of Satan. During the reign of Sulaymaan they refused to believe in the Book of Allaah, and were thus afflicted by following what the devils recited and invented.  The devils introduced magic to the people and claimed that Sulaymaan used magic and that it was the means for him to have such great power and a vast empire.

Indeed they lied, because Allaah is the One who granted him enough power and such a vast empire that he had no need to resort to magic, or to seek the help of the devils. As a matter of fact, Allaah facilitated the devils for the disposal of Sulaymaan ; Allaah Says what means: “They made for him what he willed of elevated chambers, statues, bowls like reservoirs, and stationary kettles…” [Quran 34: 13]

Allaah utilised them for Sulaymaan to use, and so they were under his command, but after the death of Sulaymaan the devils came out to the people claiming that the reason behind his control over them was the magic he used and practiced, but Allaah exposes their lie saying what means: “And they [i.e., the Children of Israel] followed [instead] what the devils had recited during the reign of Sulaymaan. It was not Sulaymaan who disbelieved …” [Quran 2: 102]  Whoever practices or uses magic is a disbeliever, but Sulaymaan never disbelieved and never practiced magic; indeed Allaah confirms the very opposite, saying what means: “…It was not Sulaymaan who disbelieved, but the devils disbelieved, teaching people magic…” [Quran 2: 102] They disbelieved by teaching people magic and how to use it, thereby misguiding them.

The Jews practiced the magic that Allaah sent the two angels with, namely Haaroot and Maaroot, as a means of testing people and seeing who amongst His slaves would remain steadfast and who would deviate, or who would remain upon faith and who would disbelieve.  These two angels, Haaroot and Maaroot, were sent to teach people magic in the land of Babylon in Iraq as a test for these people. One may ask: “How can Allaah send these two angels to teach people magic if practicing magic is disbelief?”  The answer is that it is done in order to subject people to a trial, as Allaah Says what means: “…But they [i.e., the two angels] do not teach anyone unless they say: 'We are a trial, so do not disbelieve [by practicing magic]…'” [Quran 2: 102]  These angels would initially warn people not to learn this magic, and that to do so would entail disbelief, but if they insisted on learning magic, then they would teach them it; this magic could thereafter be used for prohibited reasons, such as to separate spouses. The Jews practiced the magic that they accused Sulaymaan of using.

The Jews learnt magic and became specialists in it, and to this day the most skilled magicians are the Jews, especially the Moroccan Jews. These Jews shunned the news of the description and imminent arrival of the Prophet Muhammad that was in their scripture; they also shunned the new Book (i.e. the Quran); they eschewed all this and instead resorted to learning and practicing magic.

In this story, Allaah mentions some of the evil consequences of magic, such as what means: “…And [yet] they learn from them that by which they cause separation between a man and his wife…” [Quran 2: 102]  This is while Allaah describes marriage as something that results in harmony when He Says what means: “…He placed between you [i.e., man and his wife] affection and mercy….” [Quran 30: 21]

Magic separates man from his wife, which is proof that it does have an effect, but this effect only occurs by the will of Allaah. Some types of magic make a person love another and act as if he is enslaved to him or her; such a person would feel that he simply cannot live without this person; another type of magic results in the opposite, whereby a person may hate another to the extent that he cannot even look him in the eye; a father can be bewitched in order to make him despise his children or wife, as in the previously mentioned verse of Chapter Al-Baqarah.

Allaah Says what means: “But they [i.e. the Children of Israel] certainly knew that whoever purchased it [i.e. learnt and practiced magic] would not have in the Hereafter any share.” [Quran 2: 102]

The scholars differed in their interpretation of this verse. Some of them stated that Allaah did not send down these angels with magic to teach people, but rather it was the devils who taught people magic. On the other hand, many from the Salaf (predecessors) were of the view that Allaah sent down to the earth these two angels from the heavens as a punishment to them; others said that they were angels who deviated and were an exceptional case from all the other angels, who never disobey Allaah; yet others said that they were honourable angels who were sent down to teach people magic as a way of testing them, but who only taught those who insisted on learning it after having been informed and reminded that magic is a form of disbelief, and after having been sternly warned against learning and practicing it.

Undoubtedly, learning magic is prohibited, and practicing it is disbelief, as indicated in the verse, in addition to many prophetic narrations that affirm this fact. 

07.07.2008 08:19:32 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum