Most Afghan people mostly younger one’s could recognize themselves in these comic statements. Enjoy!
1. Your parents offend themselves when using offending words to you like: “padarnalat, Bache sag”
2. You’ll find it funny when your friends use Afghan abuse that you’ve learned them.
3. Your family loves bollywood-movies
4. At home, You have a supply of pistachios, dates, raisins etc.
5. You can recognize other Afghans from a distance of 1km!
6. After dinner, the girls disappear into the kitchen.
7. During the dinner, the men are relaxing and being served by the ladies.
8.You have at least 30 cousins
9. Your parents yell during call, so they understand better.
10. At the end of a phone call, you say each other in 10 different ways “bye”.
11. Before your guests really leave, you are talking with them in front of the door for an hour.
12. If you’re a man, you mother does everything for you.
13. If your whole family is together, you could supply a whole army.
14. You are at least 1 time beaten with a: “chaplak, kamarband or magaskush”.
15. You have at least 1 red Afghan “qalin” in your house. (=carpet)
16. You call you friends “my son”(bachem) or his son (bachesh)
17. You dinner at 9pm.
18. The presents you get, will be given as presents to others.
19. You never go on vacation to relax, but to visit family.
20. They always ask you unpacking your present carefully because you can use the paper again.
21. You have more bollywood movies at home than books
22. Everything you do is wrong, the parents are always right.
23. You have never met half of your family.
24. Your parents drink 2 tarmus chai/day.
25. Your parents are constantly comparing you to relatives or friends.
26. Your parents don’t accept it, if u compare yourself to friends.
27. Once the visitors are out the door, your parents begin talking about them.
28. At least once a week, you parents start talking about “the good times” in Afghanistan
29.Visitors are in front of your door, without calling.
30. Your parents are under high pressure of what people think if you don’t become a doctor, lawyer or engineer.
31. Your parents have always their vision about words like: Frankfurt; “faranakfoort”
32. Afghan men always talk about politics
33. An Afghan girl is described bad if she starts laughing in public
34. An Afghan girl is labeled as well when she looks quietly whole evening at her hands on her laps.
35. Your parents say always that they have known harder times than you do.
37. If you mother didn’t cook rice with meat, it seems that she didn’t cook at all.
38. A wedding is rated by looking at the quality of the food and singer.
39. Your father only likes shoes when they are “charmi” (e.g. Leather)
40. The concerns about Dulhann and Zara are more important for your parents than your average ones.
hope this topic isn’t duplicate ;)
In my family no one watch bollywood movies I hate bollywood movie & music
so true about majority of afghans lolz
You have none-kush with every meal of the day
During nikah there’s always misunderstanding or a problem between groom and brides family
Talk crap and gossip about your own family (relatives)
You’re at a wedding or some sort of party, and you’re not allowed to go and eat until the food gets videotaped loooooooooool
You are making up Degha you are good to be film director loooool
I didn’t make those up i copied and paste them from facebook
Ohhh Okey ::D
Wow mi amigo ha vuelto a la normalidad shooooo shweeeeeet! Funny loool
det passer rigtig godt til afghansk familier. det lyder godt… tak for i det..
ha ha ha gracias sabrina
we had had bollywood movies, but not more than books and when i went to university i replaced the movies with books… thanks to internet, because you can find the movies and books every time you want…
Not being an Afghan, but an American, I find this to be a fun way to understand Afghan culture better. Thank you for the list of things I could never find on the news :)
Nr. 27 should have been not “begin talking about them” but “begin talking b e h i n d them” (lol)
agree with Deutsch…start gossiping behind them lol
every one of those things my parents do…..every single one …
39. = exactly like my daddyhe always says bachem bot ke mekhari bayad qualität khub basha charmi basha hanoz khub tar ast lol
nice one :-)
eeeqqqq …tufff tufff …lol
Amu nafarai ke buut hai pas qat wa pachai tumbaneshan bala wa d daneshan naswar ast ami kar hara mekna ..
-d khane maa hech kas film hai Bollywo0d sail namekna … Maa film hai AFGHANI Jollywood sail meknem ..hehe
-padarm wa familem mara TAMIM sada meknan.
-d khane ma hr kas wakil khud ast,kase baret namega ke buut charmi bekhar …
-baze az famil hai muhtaram mesli ami POST kar hai meknan ke mush d gudam namekuna …
Gumeshko dga bekhi del maara kafandi ….